We are New York Life.
Since 1849, our name and our core values have remained the same: underpinning the principles which drive our purpose today. New York Life is the name clients recognize for our heritage and ability to deliver on our promises.
From pandemics to wars, Depressions to Great Recessions, from Bull to Bear and back again—our DNA was forged in the defining hours of our nation’s history and we’ve emerged the stronger for it. Like the company it represents, the New York Life Annuity Wholesaling Team is dedicated to serving the long-term best interest of our partners in every circumstance.
Our business decisions are never driven by the good opinion of Wall Street analysts. We answer to our policyholders—always with an eye to the long term, but we think Wall Street would be impressed:
Insurance Life and Health (2/1/21)5
Newsweek Award (2023)
Provider of Income Annuities since 20066
Provider of Fixed Deferred Annuities since 20106
Provider of Principal-Protected Variable Annuities7
Your relationship with your clients is priceless, to us.
At New York Life, we invest in the long term. We invest in our people. Folks who will work all weekend to close a case, ensure the paperwork gets in on time and done right.
It’s not rocket science. It’s the difference between short-term gain and long-term investment. Investment in clients and making sure things are done to our exacting standards.
Unsurpassed financial strength.
The issuer of New York Life’s annuity products, New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC), takes a measured, diversified approach to ensure long-term solvency in its financial decision making. Our resilient and well-capitalized balance sheet is designed to withstand market shocks.
New York Life Insurance Company and NYLIAC have earned the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer by all four major ratings agencies reflecting our ability to meet our obligations to our policyholders and investors.8
Commitment to corporate responsibility.
As a mutual company, the way that we achieve outstanding business results is just as important as the outcomes themselves. Our commitment to corporate transparency, the environment, communities, social equity, and ethical governance is highlighted in our Corporate Responsibility report, published annually.
Moody's Investors Service
Standard & Poors8
Annuity Wholesalers – Your partners in service.
You serve clients whose retirement needs are as unique as they are. Whether they’re planning for a 20- or 30-year retirement, longevity, risk tolerance and lifestyle will inform your guidance. Our Wholesalers are well versed in a range of retirement strategies.
Working with a New York Life Wholesaler gives you access to a comprehensive suite of retirement solutions to satisfy the needs of today’s savvy, resourceful and engaged clients.
Here is a sampling of product types we offer and their benefits:9
From obstacle to opportunity.
Solving advisor challenges is where we thrive. Whether it’s strengthening your knowledge of the evolving needs of today’s retirees; learning how to engage clients in the right conversations; or helping to build an intergenerational business, we embrace collaboration in all its forms.
Building a generation resilient business.
Your New York Life Annuities Wholesaler will help you implement an entire tool kit to assess the potential risks and opportunities your practice is currently facing relating to wealth transfer. They can facilitate you connecting with next generation clientele by helping you discover nuances in their communication style and preferences: taking them from “prospect” to “client for life.”
of heirs will look for a new advisor
after coming into an inheritance.11
wealth transfer has already begun,
and experts say the next few years
will be the most crucial.12
A meaningful partnership is predicated upon collaboration and support. Our Wholesaling team is here for you with a breadth of value-add services beyond providing a best-in-class product suite. As a valued partner, you’ll have access to our financial professional solutions program and resources. This includes the Advanced Income Solutions team which will provide concierge level support for New York Life’s suite of annuity products and our customized solutions analysis. What you can unlock with your access:
For Financial Professional Use Only: Not to be Distributed to the Public.
1. Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500 ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),“ Fortune magazine, 6/2/2021. For methodology please see Fortune's website.
2. New York Life has the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies. Individual independent rating agency commentary: A.M. Best A++, Fitch AAA, Moody’s Investors Service Aaa, Standard & Poor’s AA+ as of 10/18/22.
3. Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 10/18/22: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+). A.M. Best (Financial Strength): A Best’s Financial Strength Rating is an opinion of an insurer’s ability to meet its obligations to policyholders.
4. Total annuity sales represent premiums on our deferred annuities (both fixed and variable) and on our guaranteed income annuities. Sales are generally recognized when premiums are received. Annuities are primarily issue by NYLIAC.
5. Source: Fortune, as of March 2021.
6. Source: LIMRA as of 12/31/2022, based on premium.
7. Source: LIMRA as of 12/31/2022, derived from cumulative sales 1/1/22-12/31/22, based on premium. "Principal protection" is provided by the Investment Preservation Rider-FP Series, an optional rider for an additional fee.
8. Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 10/18/22: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+). A.M. Best (Financial Strength): A Best’s Financial Strength Rating is an opinion of an insurer’s ability to meet its obligations to policyholders.
9. Product availability may vary, depending on firm.
10. All guarantees are backed by the claims-paying ability of the issuer.
11. CNBC.com. 10/21/19. Andrew Osterland. What the coming $68 trillion Great Wealth Transfer means for financial advisors. www.cnbc.com/2019/10/21/what-the-68-trillion-great-wealth-transfer-means-for-advisors.html.
12. 12/4/20. Accesswire. The $68 Trillion Wealth Transfer No One’s Really Talking About and What You Can Do Next. www.accesswire.com.
*Neither New York Life Insurance Company, NYLIFE Securities LLC, nor its agents, provides tax, legal, or accounting advice. Please consult your own tax, legal, or accounting professional before making any decisions.
New York Life Variable Annuities are issued by New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (“NYLIAC”), a Delaware Corporation. NYLIFE Distributors LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC, is the wholesale distributor and underwriter for these products. Both NYLIAC and NYLIFE Distributors LLC are wholly-owned subsidiaries of New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Variable annuities offered through properly licensed registered representatives of a third party registered broker-dealers.
Please refer your clients to the appropriate variable annuity prospectus. Investors are asked to consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the investment carefully before investing. The prospectuses contain this and other information about the product and the underlying investment options. Please remind your clients to read the prospectuses carefully before investing.
Income and Fixed Deferred Annuities are issued by New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. All guarantees are dependent on the claims-paying ability of New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC). Available in jurisdictions where approved.
SMRU 5030691 (Exp. 04.19.25)